I just came home from a christening and birthday celebration of Cate. They celebrated it at once. I believe this is a great idea to save time, money and effort.
Cate was a baby girl light colors were a great color theme for her party. It was a great theme color like pastel pink, turquoise, white, orange and beige. Very refreshing to the eyes and feminine. And yes, all were the idea of a loving mother. Young and creative. Kring her mother and with the help of the siblings – conceptualized the decors. The backdrop was decorated with balloons and an accent of the green leaf. The centerpiece at the backdrop was the picture of Cate taken from a cellphone. Her dress was personally knitted by Kring from old clothes which she re-designed.
Let’s learn from Kring how she maximized her resources to make the event successful without hiring a caterer, renting accommodation and a professional photographer.
- Family Support – Filipinos have a Bayanihan culture. Bayanihan culture was when relatives and friends help together in building a house or doing the harvest. Just the same concept, if there was a celebration we used to ask or relatives offering free help to make the event successful. With the support of the siblings and relatives from both sides – they have cooked the food and prepared the decors all together.
2. Use the resources available – they availed for free the function hall of the subdivision. Her sister was a homeowner hence, they have the privilege to use it for no cost.
3. Not so much of decors but making the backdrop attractive and colorful makes the venue so refreshing.
4. Kring redesigns old clothes and knitted it by herself self which was Cate’s clothes during the pictorial and the party.
5. The giveaways were not so many but enough to cater one head per family.
6. The loot bags were made up of paper cups and inside were candies and small colored pens. Just enough to make kids happy and get busy with much tiny stuff inside.
7. They hired a magician to entertain the kids and also the adults.
8. Before the program started the guest were already encouraged to eat lunch then a few minutes the programs started. I believe that was a great idea to full the tummy first then enjoy the program. Thus, no need to have pica-pica.
Of course, I volunteered to take unlimited photos. I enjoyed taking photos of the happy faces of the guest, the parents, and the celebrant. So, if you knew a friend who has an HD camera invite them and ask them to be the photographer for the event :-).
Organizing a hands-on kiddy party was not easy between the smiles of parents, relatives and families were sleepless nights that will make it a successful and memorable event! Kudos to Kring! Taking care of a child then making all these a very creative event was a great mother job!